Global Bakery Manufacturer and Ingredient Distributor Releases New Consumer Trends Report and Patent-Pending Non-Stick Donut Glaze
Jackson, Michigan., September 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Dawn Foods, a global bakery manufacturer and ingredient distributor, today unveiled its new global bakery trends report at the International Baking Industry Expo (IBIE) and announced its latest product innovation, Dawn Exceptional Pak Perfect™ Non-Sticky Glaze.
“Our new global trends report and donut glaze are the latest examples of Dawn’s commitment to providing our customers with industry-leading insights, high-quality products and innovative solutions,” said Carrie Jones Barber, CEO of Dawn Foods. “These products allow us to better understand what consumers want and want and increase efficiency for our customers. Dawn continues to inspire new ideas and thinking to help bakeries succeed every day, and we look forward to demonstrating our industry leadership at IBIE .”
Trends: Trends and insights shaping the bakery landscape
Over the past three years, Dawn Foods’ global market research and insights team has examined the most significant changes in consumer behavior, including conducting a global study to create a first-of-its-kind proprietary study. The team interviewed more than 3,000 consumers and visited hundreds of bakeries, grocery stores and food service establishments around the world to see how these trends are being realized.
Dawn’s global trends for 2023 include:
- Technological transformation: Technology has forever changed the consumer eating experience, changing the way we select, receive and consume food – whether ordering through a touchscreen or sharing a food experience virtually. This trend will only accelerate in the coming years— 57% of global consumers* Plan to order more food online in 2023 than before.
- Experiential exploration: Consumers seek foods that not only enhance their nostalgic memories, but also incorporate fresh flavor experiences from other cultures.For example, although 56% of global consumers* Tried American baked goods — like chocolate chip cookies and apple pie — 30% of consumers* Actively plan to try traditional African baked goods.
- Daily Food: With mental health increasingly important, consumers are looking for ways to bring joy into their daily lives with smaller, higher-quality sweet treats. This trend will continue in the coming years – 77% of global consumers* Will continue to eat sweet baked goods on a regular basis.
- Mindfulness is important: Consumers are keenly aware of how their choices affect their personal health, their communities and their planet, they are looking for authenticity and want to have a positive impact on the world. Speaking of the environment, 71% of global consumers* Willing to pay a premium for sustainably produced sweet baked goods.
Innovative Pak Perfect non-stick donut glaze offers bakers a breakthrough solution
Dawn Foods’ IBIE booth #1601 showcased this patent-pending glazing technology that keeps packaged yeast-raised doughnuts non-sticky for up to five days.
“Dawn’s latest doughnut innovation offers grocers and manufacturers a solution to keep yeast-raised doughnuts looking great while staying fresh and longer,” says Roya Ergun, R&D Director, Wet Ingredients, Dawn Foods North America. “Our new doughnut glaze remains intact and non-sticky, greatly reducing waste and helping meet bakery labor demands.”
Consumer feedback has also been positive – 66% of consumers** said they preferred it via the Dawn sensory test fit perfectly Yeast-leavened doughnuts outperform traditional glazed doughnuts.
Dawn executives and experts take the stage at IBIE
At IBIE, Dawn executives and team members will also participate in multiple panel discussions, events and educational sessions throughout the show, including:
- Sarah Hickey, Senior Director of Insights and Market Research: Fresh from the oven: Dawn’s latest trends and insights impacting the baking industry. (Saturday, September. 17 – 1:30-2:30 PM PST and Tuesday, September. 20 – 9:45am-10:45am PST).
- Alexis GilbertSenior Director of Global Branding and Communications: Break through the digital noise – Strategies, tactics and tools to get your bakery noticed online. (Saturday, September. 17 – 2:45-3:45pm PST and Sunday, September. 18 – 9:45am-10:45am PST)
- Paul Cuskvice-president, National Technical Sales and Randy MacArthurtechnical sales representative: Tips and tricks to improve bakery efficiency. (Sunday, September. 18 – 8:30-9:30am PST)
- Felissa StockwellVice President, Global People and Culture: How to Start Building Your Diversity Program: Best Practices from Industry Peers. (Monday, September. 19 – 11 am – Noon PST)
- Dawn Foods to host The Society of Bakery WomenDawn Donuts‘ a women’s social event Tuesday, September. 20devout 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. PST at Dawn Foods booth #1601, w Carrie Jones Barberthe CEO of Dawn Foods spoke.
To learn more about Dawn’s four new global trends, or to learn more about innovations in Dawn’s donut glaze, visit Dawn Foods IBIE booth #1601 or visit DawnFoods.com/Trends.
*Source: Dawn Foods 2023 Global Trends Study
**Source: Dawn Sensory Testing, 2021. Consumer Reviews of Dawn Exceptional® fit perfectlyTM value Donut Glaze and Dawn
Exceptional® Medium Thick Donut Glaze after 48 hours in the flip. N=101
About Dawn Foods
Dawn Foods is a global leader in baked goods manufacturing and ingredient distribution. For more than 100 years, Dawn has been the partner of choice for inspiring baking success every day, and is committed to delighting customers around the world through partnerships, insight, innovation, bakery products and expertise that enable them to achieve their aspirations.Headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, Dawn Foods has more than 4,000 team members around the world, serving more than 50,000 customers in more than 100 countries with high-quality bakery products. For more information about the company, products and culture, visit www.dawnfoods.com.
SOURCE Dawn Foods